Thursday 6 December 2007

THE UNEXPLAINED QUESTION MARK

Since coming out on a much wider scale strange things have been happening to me...

Walking to work yesterday, my head lost in music, I had this weird sensation... It felt like something or someone was trying to reach something inside me... The weird thing was that this force felt like it was coming both from within and without at the same time!? Seeing that I have been unable to escape the dark and now proudly proclaim that dark to be light, was God trying to help me find the true light?

I don’t know, but something happened, and it was quasi-religious...

“Maybe I’m wrong.” I said to myself. Quite normal to question, but this is something that I’ve questioned and had resolved for over three-quarters of my life, so my feelings and focus soon returned to the basslines and melodies that had been massaging my mood before being so rudely interrupted by this experience – now known as ‘The Unexplained Question Mark’ – and all was forgotten...

Later that day, as you may have call to do yourself, I was passing a Natural History Museum. Nothing strange in that you might ask, and you’d be right in doing so. No, that wasn’t the strange thing. The strange thing was the bolt of inspiration, moment of clarity, or whatever you want to call it, that hit me or happened as I was approaching the entrance.

Thoughtful and reflective in my opinions and beliefs, yet impulsive in the actions I take, I had no hesitation in heeding this call of clarity...

Forgetting the cries from a bursting bladder and an empty stomach, I veered left – I wanted to see the dinosaurs, I wanted to see the dinosaurs – and, as the first shock of sweat broke the pores of my skin, I crossed the threshold; in more ways than one.

“Excuse me, please, where are the dinosaurs?”

When you’re on the path I was about to take, it’s much better to talk like an eight-year old. Hmm, eight-years old: what did I believe up until that point?

Dinosaurs, dinosaurs, we’re hunting the deenos. The dinos? The deenos! The dinos? The deenos! Not much of a song but it drove my feet forward with a purpose not felt since the waddling march to the toilet following the first coffee and cigarette of the day...

On we go...

Need a weapon; there’s a caveman, there’a club, that’s the winner...

And on we go...

There it is: seven metres of tyrannosaurus rex... Seven metres of synthetic simulation... Seven metres of conspiracy to conceal our true orgins!!!

Seven metres of sin, sin, sin!!!

To a small pile of dust...

Wow! What a feeling...

Let it all out, son, it’s all good...

No comments: