Monday 26 November 2007

ATTACK OF THE GIANT BUMBLE-BEE

7.58 on a Monday morning. Been up about 30 minutes. Let’s get it straight: I woke and got up of my own accord. As per usual, sit at the computer with a cup of tea to check the news or splurge a few words that may one day come in useful. Today was a day for words; the creative juices bubbling away nicely. Good, so much better when you have to do it, and not because you have to do it. So, we sits down, open a window and lets the mind wander. Hmm, yes, a few words and phrases seem to be putting themselves together quite nicely, but what’s that?

Psycho fucking builders from flat fuck knows, drilling like there was no tomorrow, but in exactly the same way as he/they has/have been doing for God knows how long!!! What is it with some people and swinging sledgehammers and/or drilling incessantly? There’s been one in every building I’ve ever had the displeasure of sharing with them. Non-stop, all year, banging drilling, drilling banging!!! Nothing else, no sounds of saws or the constructive knock of a traditional hammer. Do they have anything left inside these flats, or are they just smashing everything to pieces to create a one-room shell? Or do they just like creating big piles of dust in order to re-enact some childhood game in? Or are they just irritating fucking bastards who can’t let a man collect his thoughts in a morning, or focus on anything other than this mechanised rendition of a genetically-mutated godzilla bumble-bee?

I know what it feels like, and I know what I feel like doing to him/them. None of it legal, all of it suitable for films such as Hostel, Saw and the like. But you know what gets me the angriest? Of course you do, it’s the same with all anger – it’s the impotence! International football, there’s nothing I can do, so I get angry. Other’s ignorances, there’s very little I can do, so I get angry. Psycho flat demolishers, I don’t do anything because no-one else is doing anything so maybe, although unbelievably infuriating, it’s OK and there’s nothing that can be done except wait for it to finish (it never does!), and get angry!!!

Very angry, and I felt so good 53 minutes ago...

Welcome, Monday morning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant beat them, join them...

EasilyMe said...

... i think i'd prefer just to beat them ...